What is the difference between a serviced apartment and a hotel?
A serviced apartment is a fully furnished apartment available for both short and long term stay, providing amenities including housekeeping, linen service, Wi-Fi, and onsite washing machines.
Companies frequently use serviced apartments to relocate their employees or offer them temporary housing while traveling abroad. Serviced apartments are primarily occupied by business executives though are sometimes occupied by the leisure market.
Managing my booking
1) Is my booking refundable? Each booking depends on the rates agreed at the point of sale. As a general rule, Citadel Apartments offers a 14 day refund policy. Kindly contact us 14 days in advance for a full refund. No refunds are available after the 14 day advance period.
2) Can I alter the length of my booking?
In most cases, we are able to accommodate changes in the length of stay, if the apartment is available. Please call our guest relations team at 44 (0) 20 7993 8022
3) Can I change the apartment I am staying in? Please contact the guest relations team to confirm if the apartment you would like is available.
4) What extra services does Citadel Apartments offer? Currently we offer EE SIM cards and Virgin Gym memberships. Additional services include late check-in/out, baby cots, and fold out beds.
5) Is deposit necessary? We do not charge deposit to rent an apartment.
6) What ID do I need to provide and why? We require a government issued ID card for a number of reasons, including the safety of our guests.
1) Is Wi-Fi included? Wi-Fi is complimentary in all our properties.
2) What are the standard amenities? Weekly maid service is available for the duration of your stay. All apartments have kitchens/kitchenettes with hob, oven, microwave, toasters, pots and pans, plates, utensils and all the necessities. There are washing machines in all apartments.
3) Is there a reception area? Some buildings have reception area. All properties are as is in the images listed in the property description.
4) Are crockery and plates provided? Yes, everything is included to prepare a meal at home.
5) Can you provide a cot? Yes, a single fold out bed for an additional fee of £25.
6) Is there a cleaning service? Weekly maid service is included free of charge.
7) Is linen provided? There are extra linens included in each stay. The maid will provide fresh linens weekly, as well.
Check-in & check-out
1) What do we need to bring during check-in? Government issued ID, the booking confirmation, and cash/card for any additional services that have not been paid for in advance. We recommend having a mobile phone with internet so as to easily find the concierge team.
2) Where do we check- in? Check-ins are done by the concierge team at the apartment location. Someone will meet you with the keys during your selected time slot.
3) What is the easiest way to get into London from the airport?
Heathrow: The fastest way to get from Heathrow to London is to take the Heathrow Express 15 minutes non-stop to Paddington. From there take the Bakerloo, Circle, District or Hammersmith & City Lines.
The TFL light rail is available to several stops including Paddington.
London City Airport: The best way to reach London’s closest airport is by DLR.
Luton: Trains are available from St. Pancras International train station to London Airport Parkway There is a 10-minute shuttle bus from the station in Luton.
Stansted: The Stansted Express is available direct to the airport from Liverpool Street Station, Tottenham Hale, and Stratford. The train stops running for a few hours late nights be sure to check the schedule in advance.
4) What happens if I miss the check-in time? Or need to change it? The best thing to do is contact the guest relations team as soon as possible so we can reschedule.
5) How do I check-out? We ask you to lock the doors and drop the key in the mail slot when checking out.
6) Do you have an early/late check-out policy? Check-in is free from 3:30pm to 8pm. From 8-9pm late check-in is £30. From 9pm-11pm check-in costs £50. Early check-in is £25, though the earliest we can accommodate is 1:30pm any day except Friday. Late check-out is £25 until 12:30pm, after that you will be charged half day rate.
7) Can I leave my bags at the property once I check-out? or before I check-in? Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate baggage storage. Luggage Hero and Stasher are good options to check your bags with local shops for less than £10 per day.
8) Where do I leave the keys ? You can drop the keys in the mail slot when checking out.
During your Stay
1) What if I have any problems with the apartment during my stay?
You can contact the guest relations team on 44 (0) 20 7993 8022
2) How often is housekeeping? Citadel Apartments offers weekly maid service.
3) How to best travel around London? Oyster Cards are available from TFL. They offer pay as you go and day/week/monthly passes.
4) Do I have access to the National Health Service? If you carry a European Health Insurance Card you can see a doctor from the NHS.